Thursday, July 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



Hosted by Peggy Hostetler


FOR TODAY


Outside my window... rain.


I am thinking...about the quote I just saw: "For Christians, the beginning of the day should not be burdened and haunted by various kinds of concerns that they face during the day. The Lord stands above the new day, for God has made it. All restlessness, all impurity, all worry and anxiety flee before him. Therefore, in the early morning hours of the day, may our many thoughts and our many idle words be silent and may the first word and the first thought belong to the one to whom our whole life belongs " ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer


I am thankful for...a great physical therapy session for Madeline. She impressed the therapist by scooting clear across the room, pulling herself along with quite the show of upper-body strength.


From the learning rooms...I'm still reading a lot about Charlotte Mason, visiting homeschool sites for inspiration, and thinking about workboxes.


From the kitchen...Just got a call from Kirsten that she's feeding Carli and Olivia. Glen is in Indianapolis, so it's me. Tempted to make something fattening! :)


I am creating...me? Create? Ok, how 'bout a sense of balance and peace in our home? What? That's not what you mean? Oh, I know...Plans for Carli's b-day party.


I am going...no where tomorrow, for the first time in a long time.


I am reading...For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay, daughter of Francis and Edith Schaeffer. Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski to the girls.


I am hoping...that I have what it takes to implement what I've been learning from Charlotte Mason.


I am hearing...Rain and the a/c and Madeline blowing kisses.


Around the house...I need about an hour to whip it back into shape.


One of my favorite things...a cup of coffee during my quiet time with Bible and devotional book (Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, which is what we're reading for Bible study).


A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish transcribing a 55-minute sermon, sleep til 8 on Saturday and read on the couch until Carli's party on Saturday (maybe that's a little optimistic), read a big stack of library books to the kids, kiss Glen, cuddle Madeline.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute picture! I love the quote from D.B too! Enjoying all the sharing we've been doing of late --- kind of like "old times" when we lived a whole lot closer!

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Hi, Pam. I found you on the MFW Blog Roll - I love connecting with other MFW moms. :^) I hope you can visit my place, too: http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com.