Friday, July 23, 2010
Reading Magic is a great handbook on how to read-aloud, how to bring excitement to the reading adventure.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
- Thank the person who gave it to you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass it on!
7 things about myself (I'm trying to decide whether I should be serious or funny):
- I'm thankful for a growing relationship with Christ and His Word coming alive to me every morning.
- I'm blessed with a husband who is my best friend and three darling girls, 7, 4 and 2.
- I hope there are libraries in Heaven.
- I have to eat something sweet after my meal, even if it's only a bite.
- I've lost 30 lbs since January...if you round up a couple pounds. I don't diet. I'm just trying to listen to hunger and fulness cues. I hate to exercise, but I do enough to count to get paid for the wellness program at Glen's work.
- I love Gibbles Fire potato chips and Pad Thai (not necessarily together), and anything chocolate or cheesecake-y.
- I'm learning about Charlote Mason.
Passing it along:
- My friend Lisa @ The Story That God Wrote
- Richele @ Under the Golden Apple Tree
- Michelle @ Holistic Homeschooler
- Brandi @ Living Sola Gratia
Hope you enjoy these sites as much as I do. I could go on and on, but I have two little ones that want fed immediately if not sooner.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
...Neither whispered one regret.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Outside my window... rain.
I am thinking...about the quote I just saw: "For Christians, the beginning of the day should not be burdened and haunted by various kinds of concerns that they face during the day. The Lord stands above the new day, for God has made it. All restlessness, all impurity, all worry and anxiety flee before him. Therefore, in the early morning hours of the day, may our many thoughts and our many idle words be silent and may the first word and the first thought belong to the one to whom our whole life belongs " ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
I am thankful for...a great physical therapy session for Madeline. She impressed the therapist by scooting clear across the room, pulling herself along with quite the show of upper-body strength.
From the learning rooms...I'm still reading a lot about Charlotte Mason, visiting homeschool sites for inspiration, and thinking about workboxes.
From the kitchen...Just got a call from Kirsten that she's feeding Carli and Olivia. Glen is in Indianapolis, so it's me. Tempted to make something fattening! :)
I am creating...me? Create? Ok, how 'bout a sense of balance and peace in our home? What? That's not what you mean? Oh, I know...Plans for Carli's b-day party.
I am going...no where tomorrow, for the first time in a long time.
I am reading...For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay, daughter of Francis and Edith Schaeffer. Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski to the girls.
I am hoping...that I have what it takes to implement what I've been learning from Charlotte Mason.
I am hearing...Rain and the a/c and Madeline blowing kisses.
Around the house...I need about an hour to whip it back into shape.
One of my favorite things...a cup of coffee during my quiet time with Bible and devotional book (Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, which is what we're reading for Bible study).
A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish transcribing a 55-minute sermon, sleep til 8 on Saturday and read on the couch until Carli's party on Saturday (maybe that's a little optimistic), read a big stack of library books to the kids, kiss Glen, cuddle Madeline.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Once there was a Tadpole
Once there was a Seed
Once there was a Raindrop
Once there was a Caterpillar
Also here is a link for the TOS (The Old Schoolhouse) Crew Blog Walk (week 2) at Living Sola Gratia.