Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Hi, everyone! I'm anxiously awaiting dinner from my Mom-in-law! I told her that she didn't have to bring me anything, but when I heard that it was homemade fried chicken and potato salad, I told her to get here fast (well, not in so many words...).

I'm supposed to be doing homework, but instead I've been facebooking and reading email. Oh, and holding Maddy for a while too.

Maddy is acting much better. She looks a lot better and she's resting much more comfortably. Nobody is saying anything about going home, though, and I imagine that she'll have to wean off the O2 a lot more first. Last night we had to go to a mask because she was only breathing through her mouth, and that ups the o2 to 4 L, so that she doesn't breath in too much CO2. They went ahead and brought in a blender to give her more pressure, so that ups the o2 more than it would just straight. For those of you medical junkies, she's keeps her sats up if she's at 65% flow right now. She drops a bit when she sleeps.

Thanks to Lisa for keeping the girls tonight so Glen can come see us, and thank you all for praying for us. I must admit that last night I was a little nervous, because I know how quickly things like this can go downhill. Today, it really seems like she's doing a lot better. I am very relieved that the pulmonologist told me to take her in again. It's scary just sitting and watching her color constantly and wondering what the whole story is. She was a pretty sick little baby yesterday.

In a total aside, I've been laughing about this for some time. I just get cracked up at my emails sometimes. I'm thinking of starting a list of "You might have a child with spina bifida if...." In the last 24 hours, I've had the following email titles (from my parent's spina bifida resource list) in my box: "Cone enemas," "Order Balloon Enemas," and "Rifton Blue Wave Toileting System." Of course, my trash has emptied a time or two, but I can about guarentee that there was one labeled "Bowel Program" too. If you'd like, I can keep you updated on all things bowel and bladder! HeeHee

1 comment:

Sonya said...

So sorry to hear about Maddy's troubles! We're praying for you.